Thursday, March 09, 2006

Pito


This is Pito. He is my nemisis here in Paraguay. For those of you who don´t speak spanish pito is a word for penis. I don´t know why they chose Pito as a name but he is the only rooster that has a name at my house and there are 40 roosters and chickens at my house. The reason Pito has a name is that he was born blind and my family nursed him though infancy and appaerntly grew attached to him.
The reason he has become my nemisis here is that every morning at 6am he stands directly outside my window and crows for about 20 minutes. I have to get up at 7 so he cheats me out of an hour of sleep everyday. This is why I have grown to hate him but I don´t say anything to my family because they are so attached to him. One day I saw him walking around and he was wet. I asked my host dad why he was wet and he said that my host mom had just given him a bath. I have never heard of anyone bathing a chicken before but I guess they really like this rooster. Another thing that I don´t like about him is that when I first got here he had bird flu. That´s right bird flu. It was kind of funny to watch him cough but at the same time it was really scary because of all the hype bird flu has been getting in the US media. Anyways there is too much going on with this rooster for me to pass up writing about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home