Saturday, April 01, 2006

Site Assignment




















First off here are some pictures of my family here. That is my dad Alfredo in his cowboy hat and his gun. He really likes cowboy stuff. When he first showed me the gun I thought it was a cap gun because it is really small and kind of cheap looking but one day he opened it up and showed me the bullets in it (it's not loaded in the picture). The other picture is my mom Agueda, one of my sisters Rosana, and one of my brothers Hector. Hector is the only one of my sibling that lives at home. He is in high school as his shirt suggests. It is his favorite shirt and he had no idea what it said until I translated it for him (It just says "High School" in case you can't read it).
I finally got my site assignment yesterday. I will be living in a community called Mariscal Lopez which is close to the town of Piribebuy in the department of Cordillera. It is only a couple hours from Asuncion and also is close to my host family. I went to a site near there to build a fagon and it seem like a nice enough spot. The community is about 700 people and supposedly I will be able to use both Spanish and Guarani to comunicate. It has electricity but no running water and that is about all I know about it at this point. I am going to visit next week for about 4 days so I guess I will be able to say more at that point. Other than that not too much new going on here. I am just trying to keep my sanity for the last little strech of training. Chao.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nathan-- what's a fagon?

drury

2/4/06 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nate - that was an interesting update - what a challenge and i'm glad you're taking it on. is the chicken still alive? things on the shore are as hectic as ever - so much for a quite life in the country. we love you and are really honored to be related to you - love tia patricia

12/4/06 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home